Best Sites to Learn Japanese

by - August 12, 2019

Disclaimer: this post is a work in progress.


Maggie-sensei - what I love about this site is the very detailed explanation on each topics and the generous amount of examples. Their explanations are not just walls of text, they are short, precise, and straight to the point. Plus, they use colorful texts, emojis, and pictures of animals. Some parts even have an audio!

It's also helpful to read the comment section of each posts because they really answer the questions! It's pretty convenient especially if you have a question in mind and someone has already asked that question. But if it your question was not yet asked by someone else, you can always comment and wait for their reply. ( *ˊᵕˋ )♡
Japanesetest4you - when it comes to grammar, I always check this site because even though it falls short on explanation (they usually just put the meaning), most of the JLPT grammar lessons are in here. Aside from grammar lessons, they also have vocabularies and kanji lessons, too. And it really helps me to remember well because it has lots of examples which are accompanied with audio. Yes, each example has an audio!

Each lesson also has flashcards you can save on your phone, which is really convenient because you can browse it anytime you want to.

Patreon


➳ Weblio - this is a Japanese site wherein you can search words and phrases and it will give you examples with translation. I often use this site whenever I am making my own sentence and I am not sure if my grammar usage or choice of words is correct. Though this site won't correct you, it will show you similarly written phrases to give you an idea how to compose yours. I also use this site if I have learned a new word, phrase, or idiomatic expression and I want to know how it is normally used in a sentence.

Above is an example wherein I typed 最後の最後まで (saigo no saigo made) in the search bar.

Honestly, I haven't explored this site that much so it has functions I don't know. If you are also using this site, please share us your experience or what you know about it in the comment section below. (*´ᴗ`*)♪

Weblio also has an app available for download and I use it as well in my phone. Please note that this app won't function when you do not have internet connection, unlike most dictionary apps.
FacebookTwitterApp

You May Also Like

0 comments